My oldest holding my youngest :)
So talk about a blast from the past~ here we are celebrating Payton Micah's 1st birthday, Elmo-style! We celebrated our first baby's birthday, Jaeden, in Elmo-style as well! But that was 10 years ago and all I can ask is the cliche'd "where'd the time GOOOO"? I know where it went, it went into countless hours investing in feeding, loving, burping, playing, losing sleep over, changing diapers, insane and wonderfully crazy times with all of my 5 wonderful boys! So what better way to celebrate our last baby's 1st special birthday than to relive where it all started, so very long (and NOT so long) ago.
My oldest baby's Elmo 1st birthday party!
I decided to get all creative and make Payton his very own Elmo face cake!
I bought the mold from a party store and ended up running out of time to decorate it to perfection! So here it is in all it's glory~(or not!) Note: I did make another Elmo cake for Braxton's birthday per his request and it turned out a little better than the first one I did, so I felt a little better about my abilities :)
Payton didn't seem too thrilled about all of the attention he was getting from his party, he is a bit of a serious child ;)
He also doesn't like getting his hands and fingers sticky or messy so when we gave him his cake and ice cream to eat, let's just say he needed a little prodding from grandma! After a while he realized, hey! it's not so bad, and decided to show that cake who's boss!
So another birthday, another year past...I can't wait to see how Payton has changed by the time birthday #2 rolls around!
No comments:
Post a Comment