Funny how kids seem to congregate together and become a part of something, without ever having to officially send out an 'invite'...that's what happened in our neighborhood this past October and into November. It was a mild couple of months-worth of weather...don't get me wrong, as with Utah weather it can change almost instantly and we did get snow, as you saw with Braxton's snowman he built, but we really did have great weather that the kids definitely took advantage of and started putting together a 'fort'-like structure.
I could see it from off of my deck so it was fun to watch how more and more kids seemed to just show up, and do their part of making this neighborhood 'fort', as the boys liked to call it. So of course, in the comfort of my own deck I snapped a few picture because I was pretty sure the fort would probably come to an end, as all good structures do, so the kids would at least have the pictoral memory to go with it :)
Putting the fort together piece, by piece...going well into the night! It was funny because this fort was literallly the PERFECT sitter, seriously! The boys would head over there after their schoolwork was done (an added incentive to go and create at Fort Knox) and would literally be there until dark! Trying to get them to come back home for dinner was like pulling teeth sometimes...and we got them to behave by the almight threat of not being able to go back there tomorrow if they didn't listen!
So there I would check on them intermittently from our deck and there they were, I could count on that! That's what I mean by the fort sitter :) It was great while it lasted...I guess there are some pros to living in a neighborhood with a bunch of empty lots and I love that the kids didn't let all the 'waste' go to waste!!
Dude that hilarious! My first thought when I saw the pics was about how sad it is that all that JUNK has just been discarded by the various builders! But then again, if the neighborhood was actually established the kids wouldn't have been able to build the fort at all! Just another thing that I'm sad Ethan wasn't there for.....Wow I miss that place!
ReplyDelete