Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Cornbelly's Part II



So we spent the whole day at Cornbelly's with the kids and then came home and had to get ready for date night with our friends...at CORNBELLY'S! It was a crazy, busy day, but lots of fun. We went to the haunted corn maze that one of my friends puts on with her husband and kids. It was actually pretty good! Enough scare, not too cheesy...could've been longer but other than that, good scare :)

We went with our friend Melanie and her boyfriend, Cortney, but he goes by Cort. I met Melanie in our previous neighborhood when I was pregnant with Braxton and she had just had her 3rd, Jag. We soon became close friends, and her and I and Jason and Lance (Mel's previous husband) would go out pretty frequently on dates and hang out, we always had a great time hanging out.

Sadly, their marriage ended not too long ago...I know it was coming but I guess you never want to face the fact that it was inevitable. So Mel and I didn't hang out for the time inbetween their separation, and we had issues with eachother that were pushed aside, so our friendship was pretty much nonexistant for about a year and a half.

BUT, my faithful friend persisted to bug me and one day I answered the call and we had a good, long talk and I told her what had been bothering me, and why I felt certain ways about certain issues, so we decided to work on our friendship again. I don't know if it will ever be like it was, but she lives out in the same city as we do now, and our kids were and still are such GREAT friends, I had to let go of my ego and forgive and forget, and I'm glad I did.

So now she's been dating Cort and Jason and I want to give him a chance because he at least deserves that! It's strange because we were such good friends with her and her ex, but things, people, situations change, and its all about going with that flow and acclamating to that change.

I have to say we had a pretty good time out that night! We had dinner at Tepanyaki, a sushi/steakhouse, and then went on to Cornbelly's to go through the corn maze. It was fun to reconnect with my long lost best friend :)

Mel and Cort



Ummm, what?



Cort's murse (that's man-purse)~ well, mine but it may as well be his, he looks so natural carrying it :)



Me n Mel :)



Weeeeee!



Yup, I'm the pumpkin princess :)





Me n my honey :)



What a cute couple!



Friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment