Friday, December 31, 2010

Halloween 2010!

So here it is again, Halloween 2010! Who doesn't like Halloween? Well, I'm sure there are plenty of people to argue me on this, but there is something about that crisp chill in the air, filled with the smokey mist from REAL fireplaces...can't compete with the real deal...or the dental bills to prove that you overestimated your children when they tell you they will one have a few pieces of candy a day...or how about ALL the candy that seems to be everywhere, pervading our common sense to not over-indulge, when really, this is the time of year when you can actually get away with it! :)

Not to mention being able to bring out your alter-ego around this time of year, and get away with it without ending up being committed into a mental hospital, right? As a preteen and teen I was the one to decorate my mom's house and make it all festive...I really get into the festiveness of it all.

Now I do it at my own home now, and I know my boys love it when we take out our several bins of decorations...they actually begged me to take them out mid-September, so I gave in and did what they wanted :)

I like to try out a few or at least a couple of new recipes to make for Hallow's eve and this year I made pumpkin chocolate chip whoopie pies...all I can say is WHOOPIE! Whoopie on the tast and whoopie on the calorie count, but I wasn't counting anyway, haha!

Here are just a few pics from our night...my mama, my sister Laurie, aka Robin, my sister Lindsay and her 2 kids came over to chillax...it was fun to get most of my family to come over and hang out with us weirdos. So here are some pix, enjoy!



Every year I make sure we buy some pumpkins to carve, and everytime it gets closer to Halloween I DREAD having to cut into all of those pumpkins, for then I know my perfectionistic personality will rear its ugly head and I won't have any other choice but to carve them to (almost) perfection, ugh! But I suppose
I must get some kind of an ego-boost from doing this, or well, I suppose I wouldn't even be doing it at all!


If you notice the pumpkin front and to the right, is throwing up its innards...that would be a great big thanks to my oldest, Jaeden, for coming up with his own design :)



My creation from a copy :)











My little monkey...and a creepy shiny thing walking by on the other side!



Our creepy treats table





Jason and I going out on a speed-date down to the gas station for a coke: 'Date', you might ask? Sometimes running down to the gas station for a drink, kidless, to just be with eachother is enough to jump-start our parenting batteries...sometimes you gotta take what you can get, beggars can't be choosers, no?



My creepy date! aka the Joker!



Alas, one final picture before heading into the gas station, mask-less...we figured it might not be to our advantage if the attendant thought we were holding up the place :)



A very witchy end to the night...

No comments:

Post a Comment