So I caught this breathtaking picture of a severe hail storm that rolled into our backyard back in April 2010...I posted it on Facebook and a few friends of mine suggested I send the photo to the news station, it was such a stunning capture~ so I sent it in and they did release it during their weather segment, pretty cool, I must say :)
Mind you, I had already planted some vegetable plants in my newly constructed garden boxes already, oh boy! There is an old adage about planting a garden in Utah that the pioneers passed on to us impatient, know-it-all Utahn's and it goes something like this: Plant your garden after Mother's Day, or so it goes...but of course, like a typical know-it-all Utahn, that didn't apply to me, right? Let's just say I felt so small and insignificant watching helplessly as this storm was rolling in to unleash it's fury on us, so-to-speak! And let's just say I had a larger appreciation for those simple words of advice the pioneers spoke so long ago! Had I listened I could have saved me time, money, and my ego, haha!
It damaged my pepper plants and squash plants~ my broccoli plant survived and ended up being the last plant I pulled from my garden this year at the end of the growing season! It was hard to see it go...visiting my garden daily and watching my little plants grow bigger and stronger everyday and then watching how they lovingly produce healthy nutritious veggies for us to eat, I love, appreciate and respect their beauty and willingness to 'give' so unselfishly :)
The hail piled up against our covered deck!
No comments:
Post a Comment