Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Braxton starts preschool!



So Braxton didn't start preschool until the 2nd week in September~ his teacher had just had a baby in August so she needed a little extra time to recover (gee, ya think?) I don't know how anybody has a baby and then goes right back into their regular work schedule, teaching 8 other kids to be exact! Although that's basically what I've had to do with each subsequent baby I've had after my 1st, right? But luckily I've been able to do it in my own home~ I'm very blessed and lucky despite how crazy life seems to get being stay-at-home mommy :)

So every school year I take the boys clothes shopping before school starts and let them pick out a few things...I remember as an older child we didn't have a whole lot of money so I never usually got any designer-type clothes like my best friends did~ I remember going clothes-shopping with them and their mom took them to a department store and they got to get all of these cute outfits for school. I was definitely envious, but luckily I got to borrow a lot of those cute clothes, eventually :)

The thing about having boys, well at least MY boys, is they're pretty easy to please when it comes to clothes. I personally think that spending a ton of money on name-brand stuff is pretty pointless when they are young and growing so fast and they'll be out of those clothes in no time! That's where Ross or TJ Maxx come in handy because if you are totally set on designer labels, you can usually find them there at a fraction of the cost!

Anyway, back to my topic...there are a few name-brand items my boys have wanted, but they usually will substitute for a similar look or style that doesn't break the bank for us, luckily. It's definitely expensive trying to clothe 5 boys and a mommy! Since the mommy usually buys stuff she really could go without, hehe. Daddy on the other hand really doesn't make a big deal about stuff like this as he doesn't like me spending excessively anyways, but I always make sure he gets a few nice duds in there along the way :)

So Braxton picked out his cute little converse high tops~ I just love the look of converse shoes on kids! I have a pair and Jason has a pair, and I just think they bring the whole outfit together. So here are a couple of pics highlighting this special moment for him. I can't believe he's growing up so fast~ I should by now since he's my 4th one around going to preschool, but it's always so shocking yet exciting everytime a new year rolls around and I get their snapshots :)



No comments:

Post a Comment