As the year winds down, I like to try and recap what went on within our family...if anything so I can keep this as an online journal for those times in the future when I'll want to look back and read about the memories that were made not so long ago; to give me that warm fuzzy feeling that I might not have felt at the actual TIME the pictures were taken :)
* T turned 9 on January 2nd! Almost a new year's baby, but luckily he was born the day AFTER new year day, otherwise it would be a challenge to try and have a party with his friends! He's also always out of school because of the winter break since it always ends ON his birthday, so I think he's lucky! Or not, I guess it depends on how he sees it :)
* Jay and I got some box seats to a Utah Jazz game! That was coach Sloan's last game he coached at and I also won a $100 amex card to being the closest to guessing the score at the end of the game. Go ME!!
* In February Jay had a business trip down to Tucson for a couple of days, and I got to go with him, courtesy of his company, how lovely :) I haven't flown since '99 and I pretty much had anxiety the whole flight down...I don't do well in the air, or in a small confined space and hoping we don't go down in a fiery ball of twisted metal and I live my children parentless...but it was fabulous to get a couple of days away just together...
* Also in February, we had a series of mini-earthquakes where we live...not enough to do any major damage, although we did notice some cracks in the wall and foundation in the basement...but enough to rattle your nerves where it's REALLY difficult to relax and go to sleep at night, wondering if the BIG ONE is going to hit at any moment...
* Our family had our 15 minutes of fame on the news...we decided to go and take a little venture down the street where the epicenter of one of the earthquakes was and check things out. This was a sunday so of course, people weren't really out and about...well the news station shows up and asks us if we want to be on the news and starts to ask some questions about the quakes we'd been having...so, yep! We were local moviestars for a while, it was kinda fun being able to be a part of that; and luckily the quakes eventually stopped!!
* Our sweet boy C turned 7! His birthday falls right after V-day so he gets extra gifts and treats, lucky him!!
* We finally got our fence put in after 3 years, whoo-hoo!!
* J played in superleague baseball again in the Spring, but we decided that was also going to be the last...he just wasn't into it and we figured he's played it enough years, maybe it was time for a break.
* C continued on with gymnastics, despite regular meltdowns of not wanting to go...and me not wanting him to quit on it just yet, I kept encouraging (and threatening!) him to do it just a little bit longer. To no avail, we decided to end it in July, just in time for him to learn how to do backflips on his own...now that's money well spent! lol
* Payton turned 2, I can't believe my baby is getting so big!! Jason also turned a year older :)
* The boys took swimming lessons...J & T both took level 4 and are going to take it one more time, then they're done. C passed level 3, B passed level 2. Good job boys! I only have to MAKE you take the lessons until you pass level 4!
* The boys last year at their old school, as a new school was being built for them to start the new school year in. It has been a fabulous change and I'm grateful for that.
* Braxton graduated preschool and started kindergarten at the big school with his brothers!
* Jaeden turned 11, my oldest baby's last year in elementary!! :'(
* We took our family roadtrip to Lava Hot Springs and Yellowstone Nat'l Park...there was a whole lot of fighting going on in that trip, so I didn't fully appreciate the memories until all of that faded a couple of months later! I also smashed my pinky in the stroller as we were going to walk around at one of the sights in Yellowstone. It was our last night there. It was the worst pain I've been in from a personal injury, it was awful!! It took 3 months for that darn nail to come off and another 2 to grow fully back out.
* Jaeden had his playoffs for his superleague baseball, but they only won about 2 games...he was really bummed.
* Boys start school again! J in 6th, T in 4th, C in 2nd, B in K.
* Jaeden started his very first season of TACKLE football! You could say I was a nervous wreck to let this finally happen :-/
* Jason and I did a major overhaul with our financial situation which has lifted a big burden off of our shoulders, and to this I am thankful!
* Jamie celebrates yet another birthday :)
* Braxton turns 6! Our birthdays are only a couple of days apart so it makes for a lot of fun parties to be a part of! I'm so glad he practically share a birthday with me :)
* We finally started finishing our basement! Our goal is to have it completely finished by the summer so Jaeden can have his own pad for the start of a very big milestone...JUNIOR HIGH!!!
* We've all been fairly healthy this year! The boys keep growing without me noticing much, but its when I look back on previous years I realize how fast they really do grow up! I want to cherish the moments I have with them because they don't stay little for long and I don't want to have any regrets. I love them so much!!! And I am so grateful for having an amazing hubby and daddy for our boys, and that's Jason! He loves me when I'm not very loveable and plays with his boys and they know how much he loves them! He works hard outside of the home so I can work hard INside of the home and be here for my boys...
God has blessed us SO much and I am so thankful for His guidance and protection he gives to me and my family. May God bless each and everyone of you and that you will have a fabulous 2012, full of health, wealth, love, laughter and abundance! Cheers, from da Bohn family, with love.
No comments:
Post a Comment