Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Life is definitely fragile~

I recently came across a post from somebody on Facebook...I don't remember who posted it, but it referred to a family that had been in a horrific car accident on Christmas eve, and the person who posted this had mentioned that her friend was the sister of the mom that was involved in this accident; her along with her husband, and 2 small boys, ages 3 and 18 months. Then just today I came across a post from my friend Amy which was a blog set up to keep everyone updated on the family involved in this terrible accident. So I started reading up on them and realized that their little 18-month old had passed away, sadly. The 3 year old brother was released from the hospital, but the parents were both in critical condition, undergoing surgeries to fix their broken bodies...it always makes one reflect on how fragile life really is, and how often I know I take the things in my life, especially my sweet children and husband, for granted sometimes! We don't ever really know if this might be our last moment on earth, our last breath with the air that we breathe...and how we get so caught up in the insignificant things, the material things in life, that hopefully we don't have to learn a hard lesson such as the tragic loss of a loved one, to bring us back around to what truly is important in life! I'm typing this mostly as a reminder to myself, but also wanted to share my thoughts with others and that by sharing the Pack family's story, it might help others to be brought back to what matters most in life and to hug our loved ones a little closer tonight...

Here is the web address to their support blog, I still can't figure how to add a link and have it show up, so sorry~ you'll have to cut and paste :)

http://kellypack.com/the-pack-family/

1 comment:

  1. Tragic...hold on to what's dear, which is family and friends.

    ReplyDelete