So our neighborhood has had its ups and downs with the economy and we have a lot of empty lots~ or should I say DID have a lot of empty lots...thanks to a specific builder, they have come into our 'hood and taken over the task of doing all of the dirty work of building houses, so its definitely nice to get rid of the endless sea of weeds we've been living around for the past 3 1/2 years!
Needless to say, there has been some distributing of tree seeds with the wind we get out here and it looks like one was lucky enough to take root and has started to grow upright, but blended in all too well with the weeds that surrounded it. That is until they started digging the corner lot which this humble little tree sits, and it seems they were kind enough to leave it be and let it grow.
I drive by this road everyday to take the kids to school and have never noticed it...haven't noticed it, that is, until I caught a glittery glimpse of red and silver as I drove by and the sun bounced off of this little tree. I then realized that is must be those crafty, clever little teenagers that hang out there in the morning waiting for the school bus; they adopted a Charlie Brown tree!
So of course, I HAD to take a picture, I mean, they saw the beauty and the vision of what this forgotten tree could become and I couldn't help but feel some childlike joy build up in my bosom at the thought of these kids that will more-than-likely do their share of stupid things in their teen years, just like we all have...but the respect and awe I had for them that they would see this tree what it COULD become, and I LOVE that...it has since been adorned with tinsel and a star on top, but I have neglected to take another picture so this will have to do.
At any rate, ENJOY!! And remember to appreciate the beauty that is capable of becoming from inside each one of us when we serve others and see the good in everyone we come across...:)
No comments:
Post a Comment