Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Koo turns the big seven-oh!!!
Koo...who is Koo, you ask? Well, Koo, or annie(auntie) Koo for short, is just a nickname for my second mom, otherwise known as Kathleen. I dubbed her the infamous annie Koo when I was just a youngin' and couldn't say her name, so I shortened it up a bit and just called her "Koo-Koo"! I know, how rude, right? But given the fact that I wasn't quite speaking in sentences yet, I got away with it and it was probably almost 'cute'. So through the years she's been called annie Koo, and now that's what my kids call her, and so the name continues on, there really is no escaping it! Even other people know who I'm referring to when I say "annie Koo"...I just feel like Kathleen is just too formal, and mom would just be weird, so therefore the name annie Koo will forever be her name down to the grave...but I know she doesn't mind, that's who's she's morphed into over the years. I feel so blessed to have been able to have 2 moms to grow up with...no, she and my mom were not a couplem if that's what this is sounding like, but my dad wasn't around when I was growing up and so my a Koo was sort of a like a surrogate mom to me; she always knew how to make me feel better and to calm my fears and take me on little roadtrips. The two of us have always been close, closer than any of my other siblings have been with her. I don't know if they've ever resented our relationship, or if they even care? I think my mom hasn't always been happy with the fact that a Koo never bonded with my siblings like she did with me, but our relationship is definitely more like a mother-daughter type than anything else. As far as my mom goes, I've never been super-close with her and so its nice to have been able to have my a Koo to talk with when I needed someone to just LISTEN. I really needed that growing up; she helped keep me grounded and my perspectives in check.
On the other hand, my mom has been so helpful and giving to me now that I've had my own kids...she is always willing to help out and watch them for me, or stay overnight while Jason and I go celebrate our anniversary, or when we go out of town for Jason's business. She's also instilled in me a strong sense of patriotism for our country. To stand up for what's right, defend our freedom, and vote for those who aren't in office just to get gain. She's opened my eyes to all sorts of conspiracies and I'm grateful for being raised by someone who didn't just follow all of the other sheeple out there, but tries to make a difference for the better! And the funny part about all of this is that she's legally still a Canadian, living here in America! So technically I can go back to Canada as a citizen, and I believe even my children would be able to take on Canadian citizenship if they chose to do so. She doesn have her green card, so don't get your panties in a bunch, she's got dual-citizenship which is pretty darn cool :)
So here we are celebrating a Koo's 70th birthday...first picture she's "blowing" out her candle from across the room, and then the picture with her "grandkids". I have to say she is one lucky woman to have this big extended family, never having had to actually give birth!
Posted by
butterfly_maven
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment