Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Hee-Haw Farms!

This year is Braxton's first year in elementary school, and for their field trip they got to go to Hee-Haw farms. I like to go along on these little adventures and watch them run around and have fun; not to mention keep an eye on them. Lucky for Payton he usually gets to tag along, too!

So it was me and another mom, Ashley, who led a group of 5 kids. They got to do a corn maze, pet the farm animals, go down a really big slide, and then go out into this giant pumpkin patch and pick their very own pumpkin. Sounds like the perfect day to be a kid!

Everything was perfect up until the end when we started looking for a pumpkin. Braxton bends down to pick up what he believes to be, his perfect pumpkin! He turns it towards him to hold it up against his chest, and just as he's rotating it, I see this HUGE black widow spider on the bottom of it, just clinging to the pumpkin. So I scream at him to DROP the PUMPKIN, DROP IT!! That was a close call, because if I hadn't of been with him there in the first place, and hadn't been paying attention to the pumpkin he had just picked, he might have been spending the rest of the day at the hospital from a nasty bite!

I was SOOO grateful I saw it before it could have hurt him. I, of course, felt like I needed to kill it so that another child wouldn't come along and possibly get bitten. I respect all living things, but it was a situation like this that I had to do what was best for everyone's safety...but eww, ick! I definitely had the creepy-crawlies for the rest of the day :-S



Braxton and Iris, corn maze buddies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment