So we made it out alive of 2011 and on into the new year of 2012...our boys did fantastic!! Even our spunky little 2 1/2 year old made it past 12:30! I love creating these memories with our little family~ sure parties are fun to go to, but I'd much rather spend the time with my hubby and kidlets (besides we weren't invited to any happenin' parties tonight, anyways, ssshhhh!! lol) We went to dinner @Macaroni Grill, ooohhh I LOVE that place! Our boys were great and we got in and out within an hour, just to see all of the crowds pile up. We made our reservations 2 days ago and I'm glad we did! We've learned our lesson about waiting until the last minute, and waiting around for an hour or more is not fun with kids!







We came back home and then left our kids with my mom for about an hour while we went and picked out a new bike for Teagan who is turning 10 on Monday! My due date with him was December 22, but ended up coming on January 2nd...I don't know which is worse, having to have had to plan a birthday right before Christmas, or right after!! I have to constantly remind myself to plan everything for his big day because all I want to do after Christmas and new year's is RELAX!! But lucky for him, his birthday always lands on the day of their last winter break so he never has to be in school on his birthday, and Jason is usually off, too, so it works out fantastic!
My mom had given our boys a movie for Christmas called a Dolphin Tale...is was SUCH A GOOD MOVIE!!! I would HIGHLY recommend it. It's based on a true story about a dolphin who loses its tail fin after it had become infected from being entangled in a rope and lobster trap and washed ashore...
Winter the dolphin
It was a very moving and inspirational movie and I'm glad we were able to watch it together. Much better than the stuff they have on for the New Year's Eve Countdown these days...everything is so risque and I have to worry about what will come on that my boys shouldn't see, so we didn't turn it on until the minute countdown. We also had the pleasure of watching Coldplay live in Austin, TX for a new years concert, they are always so fabulous live!!
I love them and I love their new album MyloXyloto! I would highly also recommend checking out their new album. Now!!
So here are a few pics highlighting our fun new years eve together. 2011 had its challenges and I'm hoping that 2012 will shine a little bit brighter and more of my dreams and the dreams of others will come to a reality! The Christmas decor is officially down and the new year is officially here! Peace, love and blessings for the new year, 2012~!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment