Wow, well that sounded really old, a DECADE...but that's what my baby boy is, officially 10 years old!! I can easily remember the day he was born, I woke early in the morning to my water breaking and then over the next couple of hours went through the contractions as they came on stronger and stronger.
Eventually I was ready to push and this was my first at-home birthing experience, au natural. I was scared but also confident that I COULD DO THIS!! And I did...it wasn't easy, but it was SO worth it and I felt I brought my baby into this world in the most peaceful, comforting and loving situation...here's to your special day, T!! He was my easiest pregnancy and delivery, so thanks to him for that :) We love you so very much!!
Here are a couple of his scrapbook pages that have some newborn pics of him...back when I had an old fashioned camera with film ;)
This year we did another home birthday party; we talked him into it with the idea that he could invite more friends, and more friends=more presents, so he totally went for that one! And it paid off, too! He ended up with $50 in cash that he will hopefully save for something worthwhile ;) He also got a fun way in which the cash was presented to him, a money shirt! Yes, a money shirt :) If you don't believe me, just refer to the picture below:
One of T's friends creative moms did this, how clever, right?!
We usually will do a party for him with just his brothers and mom and dad, but given the fact that we did his party ON the day of his actual birthday, it just wouldn't have worked out, so I'm glad he didn't seem to notice ;)
We got him a new bmx bike and a watch with LeBron James on it, since his favorite team is the Heat...don't ask me why, but I guess given the fact that the Utah Jazz aren't the best team on the court, that may be the reason! :)
Here are a few pics of the highlights of the day...I might add that there were 2 girls invited as well, but you can imagine they were BORED out of their minds since the boys were all playing an NBA xbox game...so luckily big brother J had the idea to donate some of his materials for making friendship bracelets and that gave them something to do while the boys acted like, well, BOYS!!
Funny face picture
Pinata time!
T has a go at it
The kids all had a turn at the pinata...TWICE!! But I figured it wasn't very exciting to post all of those pics for you to see :)
They couldn't quite smash it open, and eventually the pinata came loose from the zip tie holding it up, so once it was on the ground, the kids were like animals ripping it open! All for a bunch of junk made in China and lots and lots of sugar!! :-x
T and his favorite "girl" friend :)
Always a silly face!
Singing Happy Birthday!!!
Make a wish!!
And then grandma came over later to bring him some presents...
...and something for everyone, cuties! clementines :)
So another successful birthday party for my sweet son, Teagan...life wouldn't be complete without him!!
No comments:
Post a Comment