Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas is here!




So for the past 8 years we've had our family's Christmas eve festivities over at our house...we started it when we moved into our first house in South Jordan back in 2002 and it just kind of stayed that way...before that it had been at my mom's house, my childhood home, on Christmas eve.

I like having it at our home because it's easier to not have to pack up our kids and take them out and try to pack them back up to take them home...and now that we built our new house which is much larger and has a nice big kitchen/great room area, it's perfect for these larger family get togethers, plus I like sharing my home with family and friends!

We read a story every eve called "Teach the Children", a story that is a narration of Santa Claus talking to the parents to teach their children about the true meaning of Christmas...the kind of Christmas that can't be bought in a store.
The kids taking turns reading Teach the Children...


Here is a link if you want to check it out and make it a part of your Christmas traditions :)




My mom, my dad, my auntie Koo, my sister Laurie, my brother Bill, my sister Lindsay and her kids Raynee and Daemian were here as well as Mark and Carol. It was a lot of fun and a lot of good food! Jason and I made one of our famously moist and delish turkeys and we cut up the meat and made sandwiches. I also made some brownies with a yummy mint frosting on top...not the time of year to be on a diet ;)

Every year it seems like there is somebody new we invite over for Christmas Eve, as I like to make sure we always try and invite someone over who might otherwise be alone on Christmas Eve. This year we had Jason's dad and his girlfriend Carol over for the first time. We normally see him either at the Chanukah party or sometimes we've seen him on Christmas day. He was really excited to be coming over so I'm glad we invited them.

We have all the kids open their gifts from the family members and then Jason and I always get them new jammies to wear to bed on Christmas eve. Then we say our goodbyes, bit everyone farewell and to have a safe journey and a very Merry Christmas!



Uncle abuse, haha!

Handsome boys and their grandma :)



Sisters taking pictures of eachother :)


Mark & Carol


Uncle Bill and his nephews and niece :)





No comments:

Post a Comment