Saturday, January 1, 2011

Thanksgiving


So we had Thanksgiving over at our house with my family and also Jason's mom and her boyfriend, Shane. His sisters had other arrangements so they were definitely missed! I got so caught up in the busyness of the day that I didn't even take any pictures, except for a couple of the turkey and apple pies I made, too bad :(

We made a delicious turkey...last year was the first time we soaked the bird in a salt brine before cooking it and it turned out fabulous! So we did the same thing this year and then we stuff the cavity with an apple and an onion, then baste it with a butter and herb mixture and voile! Turns out moist and delicious everytime. I also made 2 homemade pumpkin pies and 2 homemade apple pies, yummmm.




I am so thankful to have a beautiful home to share with family and friends, especially around the holidays...I love to decorate it and make it cozy for whichever holiday is present and I hope those who come to our home feel warm and cozy, too!

I could never leave out my family whom I love with all of my heart and then some! They give me a purpose in life and I would be lost without them! I can be a pretty moody person, but all in all they are my everything and in spite of being ornery at times I hope I show them just how much I DO love them in between :)

No comments:

Post a Comment