Saturday, January 1, 2011

Chanukah 2010

In case anybody doesn't know, we celebrate Chanukah with Jason's family, as they are Jewish. We usually do it over at his sister Heather and her husband Jason's house. So this year we were back there once again. The kids always have a blast getting together with their cousins and here are a few pics of them waiting before opening presents. They were dancing, doing splits, backbends, breakdancing...cute to watch, but the pics aren't very clear. I didn't take any other pics, except for one of Braxton wearing his outdoor explorer's vest that his Nani (Jason's mom) wanted me to take for her and then email it :)





We lit the menorah candles this year every night but one...we haven't been this consistent with the lighting in years past, so I wanted to make sure we kept on top of it (yes, me! the good little mormon wife keeping up with Jewish tradition) Funny, I know...I don't think it matters what religion or faith somebody's husband is, I swear it's the wife who keeps on top of these kinds of things no matter what :)

We miss having Grandpa G around to celebrate our Jewish holidays...Jason's gramps, he passed away 3 years ago during Thanksgiving, and he was always the life of the party and was the one too keep up with the traditions of the Jewish holidays. I hope he knows we loved him and that we miss him and know we will see him again one day!

Gramps here with Jaeden back in 2005, with hats swapped and on backwards :)


The kiddos

Cameron doing the splits

Braxton, Aleyah & Payton

Cameron's backbend :)

LOL, looks painful! Teagan behind Braxton, Ezri on the right

Jaeden, Forest in the right background, Clay on the right, Gage on the left, Kimmy by the door

No comments:

Post a Comment