
Or swimming at a swimming pool, either way, there's been a whole lotta swimming goin' on in the Bohn's life right now! So I put my oldest 4 boys into swimming lessons...it feels like my oldests has been in swim lessons forEVER!!! I first got him enrolled when he was 5, and he took his first lessons out at the SJ Rec Center when we used to live out there...so I guess it really has been forever with him, lol!! My mistake was taking too long of a break inbetween with enrolling my kids, so I'm going to try and stay on top of doing them every 6 months so they can get passed off and be done with them :)
I've had to put up a fight with my boys over taking lessons, though...let's just say their aspirations are NOT to become competitive swimmers, to say the least. But I've stuck to my guns and told them that once they pass off level 4, which is basically in the deep end learning all the different strokes, etc., then they can be done. If they want to continue on, great! If not, well, at least I can rest easy that they could probably survive in the water if they ever happen to fall into some form of deep water that they couldn't get out of otherwise.
So Jaeden and Teagan have been in the same class, which is nice, and they are both going to be taking level 4 one more time, then they should be done...SWEET!
Cameron passed off level 3 this last time, but I think I'll keep him in there one more time, just to make sure he masters those skills they teach.
Braxton passed off level 2, so I'm going to put him in level 3, as there isn't much of a difference between those levels and level 3 will give him those more challenging skills to work on he passed off in level 2.
So here are a few pics I took of them in action:
Jaeden doing the front crawl
Teagan doing the backstroke, for what its worth :)
Cameron learning the physics of a proper kick :)
SHARK!!! Oh that's just Braxton creeping along in the water :)
No comments:
Post a Comment