
So Easter was later this year...I never understand why Easter is never the same date each year, and I suppose I could look it up but haven't really cared to in the past, so I don't think I'll start now. I'll just stay confused and wonder about it, ha!
I know some parents go way over-the-top "egg"stravagent with the easter baskets and stuff, but I'm one of those that remembers its about our Savior, as it should be, so I don't want to make too much of an emphasis on that big ol' easter bunny and give him all the credit. It should be a holiday where we remember our Lord Jesus Christ, for his sacrifice of giving up his life so we can one day, have eternal life if we live worthily to do so, and that we can all be resurrected like He was...what a wonderful gift! That is why the easter bunny definitely doesn't take center stage in our home. We do the easter egg coloring and Mr. Easter Bunny does visit our house, but like I said, the bare minimum...not to mention its a little painful on the wallet with 5 boys, and all :)
So here are a few of our pretty little eggs...the pics I took weren't that spectacular as the craziness of dying all those eggs with all those boys left me with a slight splitting headache, so I will only post a couple.
The boys' easter baskets
No comments:
Post a Comment