Hope of America, part of this organization called the Freedom Festival that takes place in May, and includes about 70 other elementary schools which consist of the whole 5th grade participating from each school. Jaeden was able to be a part of this awesome musical experience! I think it's only a Utah County thing, so we were lucky to be able to go and watch him and all of the other kids perform. As you can see from the picture, they have the kids assembled together to for an American flag and they have the original score of songs playing, and the whole group of kids sing along. It was very inspirational! They also have other performances inbetween some of the songs, so it was really fun to watch. It took place down at the BYU Marriott Center, where they play basketball, so there were a LOT of kids and parents that were there to fill it up. There also was a BAT, yes, a BAT, that was flying around the arena! Everytime it would fly towards the kids, they would all scream and squeal, it was hilarious!! I felt bad for the bat as it would probably end up dying before it got outside ever again, but it was fascinating to see a bat flying around inside there; kind of like a pre-show entertainment :) Anyway, the kids did great and I felt hopeful that these amazing kids will one day be the ones who will stand up and fight to keep us free...many of our freedoms are being maliciously and secretly done away with, and the day will soon come where we will have to choose freedom or tyranny, just like those did in the beginning of our country's history, and we too, will have to fight to stay free! I added a little clip of their last song they presented where they used a flashlight and sang about being a light shining through the darkness...I can't help but get emotional when I hear this song!
Sunday, June 12, 2011
Hope of America
Hope of America, part of this organization called the Freedom Festival that takes place in May, and includes about 70 other elementary schools which consist of the whole 5th grade participating from each school. Jaeden was able to be a part of this awesome musical experience! I think it's only a Utah County thing, so we were lucky to be able to go and watch him and all of the other kids perform. As you can see from the picture, they have the kids assembled together to for an American flag and they have the original score of songs playing, and the whole group of kids sing along. It was very inspirational! They also have other performances inbetween some of the songs, so it was really fun to watch. It took place down at the BYU Marriott Center, where they play basketball, so there were a LOT of kids and parents that were there to fill it up. There also was a BAT, yes, a BAT, that was flying around the arena! Everytime it would fly towards the kids, they would all scream and squeal, it was hilarious!! I felt bad for the bat as it would probably end up dying before it got outside ever again, but it was fascinating to see a bat flying around inside there; kind of like a pre-show entertainment :) Anyway, the kids did great and I felt hopeful that these amazing kids will one day be the ones who will stand up and fight to keep us free...many of our freedoms are being maliciously and secretly done away with, and the day will soon come where we will have to choose freedom or tyranny, just like those did in the beginning of our country's history, and we too, will have to fight to stay free! I added a little clip of their last song they presented where they used a flashlight and sang about being a light shining through the darkness...I can't help but get emotional when I hear this song!
Posted by
butterfly_maven
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment