Friday, May 27, 2011

Payton turns 2!

Could it be? My baby boy is 2 years old, already?? My, oh, my...time stops for no one! The memories are still vivid of the labor and birth of our 5th son, our last baby! It was a relatively quick and easy labor and delivery...I had him in a birthing tub, at home, and aside from the very hard labor towards the end, I was able to tolerate the pain just fine. He came out and hardly made a sound, to the point where I was asking if he was alright? He was so mellow and sweet :)

Aside from some complications of my uterus not staying contracted after he came out, and having it all turn out ok from a miraculous priesthood blessing, and having his bilirubin levels really high the first week after he was born, and having to go to the hospital to have his levels checked daily and having a catheter put in to check for a urinary tract infection, and having to have the bili-lights on him at home...phew!...it was a lovely, miraculous experience and I am so grateful he decided to make sure we allowed him to become a "BOHN", forcing his way in as another boy to add to our mix :)

He has NO reservations...he will talk to anyone and loves to put on a show for people...loves to dance and make funny faces, loves to do things to make US laugh! He is very strong-willed and definitely uses his position as "baby" of the family to get what he wants! We had a family party at our house and I decided to decorate his cake "Thomas the Train-style"...I ran out of time so I couldn't use my most awesomest cake decorating skills, but I thought, what the heck...it'll just be eaten up anyway...better luck next time :)

Time to open presents!! Lookin' a little peeved, are we? Getting some help from big brothers and cousin Clay :) Payton loves his Nani! Elmo!!! Payton loves Elmo...and I love that HE loves Elmo!!! It brings me back to when my oldest baby, Jaeden, was a wee little lad...he loved Elmo, too, and it's nice to keep Kevin Clash, er--ELMO, in the family :) He got a stuffed Elmo, as you can see, and a DVD of Elmo that Payton loves to watch over and over and over again... Last year we were opening his presents and he had a hard time understanding just what was going on...this year, well, a totally different story!! :) No better way to end a great birthday other than some homemade birthday cake, yummm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment