Saturday, March 12, 2011

Wax Museum



3rd graders do what's called a 'wax museum'. This was back on February 4th. They get to pick someone famous or someone who made a difference in this world, and do a report on them and try and dress the part.

Teagan chose Lou Gehrig. It was very educational for ME in helping him prepare, because I learned a lot about him that I never knew before and have a new found respect for him and what he went through!

I was glad Teagan picked him because we basically had all of the 'costume attire' he would need, so that made it easy...I'm sure one of the reasons why he picked him in the first place, is because he already had a Yankees Gehrig shirt anyway :)

It was cute to see all of the kids dressed up...some of their costumes were so unique and creative! I could definitely tell which kids' parents made them do their report poster on their own...and I realized I probably did way too much for Teagan's poster to make it look nice and organized and clean! Oops! He helped me in putting everything on the poster and read books on Gehrig, etc. I guess I just can't see how teachers can expect 3rd graders to put together a nice poster of their person without the parents help; guess that's my excuse anyway! lol

So here are a couple of shots of Teagan...and remember, they are supposed to be posed like a wax figure, so I can tell he was a little bugged with me asking him to pose for the camera and smile! Haha, yeah right. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment