Saturday, February 19, 2011

Tucson part II


Me 'n Jason on the veranda at the Signature Grill...I thoroughly enjoyed eating lunch out in the fresh air!

Ok, so I'm going to try and sum up mine and Jason's little venture down to Tucson 2 weeks ago...obviously we survived and didn't go down in a flame of fiery glory in an airplane crash, like I seemed to envision every now and then while up in the air...I'm probably one of those people who SHOULDN'T fly, as I tend to have a wee bit more anxiety than the average person! lol

Enough about me...well, let's just say the morning we were to leave, my boys weren't the nicest of boys (at least my oldest wasn't) and that just made it that much easier to walk out the door, say BYE! and get a couple of days of PEACE!! Holy crap, wasn't the best of heartfelt exits, but maybe I needed that kind of an ending to a beginning of (almost 3) kid-free days, and I really could have used 1, maybe 2 more on top of that to recharge my mommy batteries...but hey! beggars can't be choosers so I'll take what I can get!


My Delta cookie :)



This was only the 3rd time I've flown in my life, so I have to say I'm just in awe at the beautiful views down below when you're tens of thousands of feet up in the air! I just kept snapping away in the airplane and I'm sure the passengers around me thought I was a little ridiculous...but then again, I suppose in my mind I was living like it was my last day on earth! I couldn't resist taking picture of some of God's great creations from a different angle.




Afterall I was in an airplane and airplanes do crash sometimes, and I was pretty sure I would be the one to end up dying that way...so I figured I'd have lots of pics to have of my last minutes on earth to share with the world!!! And then we landed in Tucson :D

Tucson city limits...pretty much a desert. Not much green in sight!


Some kind of mining pit...or the world's largest sink drain!


WHAT THE...?!? Apparently the Tucson airport shares it's lanes with the military jets...good to know we weren't in the midst of a war or attack :)





We stayed at an amazing resort called Starr Pass at the JW Marriott. Wow. Didn't have the most expensive room, but it was perfect for us and we had a beautiful view of the hills and cacti (that's plural for cactus, you know).



The first day we got there was on Sunday, and we basically just relaxed in our room, went to a business meet and greet and ordered room service...ahhh, and all kid-free! I just want to make one thing clear, though: I LOVE LOVE LOVVVVVE my kids...so much!! But becoming a stay-at-home mommy has been a wonderful yet sometimes, rude awakening to the demands of being a mom and having to pretty much be the one to hold down the fort!

A few view of our room...




A waterslide our boys would TRULY appreciate...too bad they were a few hundred miles away from it! mwuahahahaha



View to a kill from our room...yes, you CAN golf in winter if you go a few hundred miles south :)


Lunch at the Signature Grill....my sweet hubby and his yummy salad



Me and my salad...yummy...not me, the salad :)




Our pigeon friends we had lunch with: Larry & Barry~ haha! They quite enjoyed the free lunch they were getting out of me!



Some of the pretty vegetation of the desert region:




Don't TOUCH


Wow, this cactus really magnifies the fact that I AM vertically challenged :)




So I've definitely learned over the years to take advantage of any little break I can get from them because then I can get that quiet time to myself and get away from all the noise and chaos, and come back re-energized and ready to go full speed ahead all over again!

Monday Jason had his seminar meetings to go to, so I woke up when I wanted, headed to the gym and had a great workout, then stretched outside in the warm SUN! It was wonderful...came back to the room and had a nice warm bath and was actually able to read my book and just take as long as I wanted...SO nice. We met up with some clients later on for a drink (virgin for me) and then went back to our room until dinnertime.

We went to an AMAZING restaurant called Primo that was in the restaurant...they have all kinds of organic dishes and grow the veggies and herbs that they use, out in a little garden adjacent to the restaurant. They use local products as much as possible and they served them in a really creative way.


Us at Primo restaurant

Later that night we met up with a couple of people who work for CLVS and sat outside around the chimnea and chatted it up for a couple of hours...wow it got cold out!! Strange how the desert can be so arid, dry and hot in the day but FREEEEZING at night. So we went in when I couldn't feel my toes anymore :)

The next day Jason had a couple of more seminars, but got to take a break for lunch and we went to a restaurant called Catalina BBQ and Sports Bar. The chef has been featured on The Food Network so we thought we'd give it a try. It sat right next to the golf course and we were able to sit outside to eat because afterall, we were in the far Southwest and could enjoy it being in the 70's :)


A hungry little bee...look a little closer :)

They have a roadrunner on site...Yes, a roadrunner; they are, in fact, REAL!! He came up while we were eating and the waitress said that he is a 'regular' and will pose for a picture if you feed him! So I threw him a piece of toast and yep! He definitely stood there and posed for me so I could take a picture, he was so cute. And he had a name! Jasper, haha :)


Just me...


Me and Jason


Crazy Tucson mountain skyline at dusk




So as all good things come to an end, so did our mini-trip down to Tucson have to end eventually...After lunch we went back to the hotel and I sat outside the hotel on the patio and read and at choco sunflower seends while Jason went to his last meeting...ahhh, one of the best parts of the trip for me, just to relax and be with my own thoughts :) I put in my earphones to block out the vulgar phone conversation some Big-O tire redneck-exec was having with someone and just enjoyed the lovely AZ weather.

So off we went to the airport and turned in our rental back in and waited to get on our plane...in the meantime we enjoyed some downtime with Pegasus :) Can't wait to do it again with my honey!!

At the airport to go home, boo :(


Dang, I'm a poser!




Plane ride home...what else do I have to do other than take pictures?? :)



Almost home! Approaching the Salt Lake Valley at night...


Touchdown to the ground at the airport...what a beautiful sight to see, the American flag to welcome us back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment