Fast forward 2 months later and I'm starting to see that maybe the whole preparation part is way more work than this little impromptu trip is going to be worth!!!
Not that I don't need, or DESERVE to get away from my little chillins for a couple of days, but holy crapola, there is so much involved in trying to get everything situated just so they are accounted for while I'm gone, sheesh!
The last time Jason and I were gone longer than just an overnighter, which is totally doable for me, was when our 2nd baby was well, just a baby! 18 months a baby...but they weren't in school, they didn't have friends who would more than likely be calling to come over and hang out with, etc. etc. etc.! That's the part that is really getting to me with this whole planning process...SCHOOL!!! Effin' school. I suppose I wouldn't be ranting on so, had we been going when they were OUT of school...but life goes on whether we like it or not, hehe :)
Today I'm making homemade chicken NOODLE soup...notice the emphasis on NOODLE, as we normally make Chicken Matzoball Soup, mmm, mmm, mmmmmmm...for those of you who don't know what a flippin' matzoball is, let me briefly explain: Matzo is what is served during Passover in Jewish tradition. It's similar to ground up breadcrumbs, as it's made with wheat, but it is 'kosher', as I'm sure most of you already have seen the little "k" symbol on a lot of meat and dairy products, which means it's been blessed by a rabbi, and therefore, "kosher".

Here is a picture of matzoballs...not mine, but you get the idea...kinda like a dumpling.
So for a while I was getting the matzomeal from Albertson's over in Lehi...but when they sold out and sold themselves over to Fresh Market, I assumed they wouldn't have the matzomeal anymore, since none of the other stores carry the damn stuff...there just aren't enough Jews living in Utah to create the demand to put the stuff on the shelves so that Jamie Bohn, non-jew can make a delicious homemade chicken MATZOBALL soup for her Jewish husband and half-jewish children to eat and RAVE about :D
I suppose I will be able to say, to be continued...on this one and I really need to stop assuming Fresh Market doesn't carry the matzomeal and go in and check for myself.
Wow, so I really went off about the soup, but I guess I felt it was of utmost importance that I explain why Chicken noodle just isn't quite as good as Chicken matzoball soup...and if you don't believe me you'll have to come over and try a bite...that is, if I ever do find what I'm looking for!
So Chicken NOODLE soup is simmering on the stove and my house smells like a yummy garlic factory...I'm going to make a meatloaf and freeze it so my mom can just pull it out, thaw, and bake so it comes out hot and fresh.
I went off of a website that gives some advice on what to do to get ready to leave your children for a few days...good info so I'll share it with ya'll:
www.parenting.families.com/blog/leaving-your-child-while-on-vacation
Basically I made lists for my mom, who is kind and BRAVE enough to come and stay with our boys for the time we're gone, so she really can't pretend that I didn't leave her with a BACKUP plan with each one of these sweet children of mine :)
I think it would have been REALLY helpful if God had sent one of these down with each one of my kids, would have been nice to know just what to do with these alien creatures of mine, sometimes :)
I also made up menu lists for each day and am pre-making the dinners so it's easier on my mom to feed our little army, and I also know they are eating healthy stuff that they actually LIKE, and I can rest a little easier...ahhhh :)
So anyway, on that note, I will follow this posting with some pics from Tucson...hopefully I'll actually get some good ones, right?! I also want to tell my boys HOW MUCH I LOVE THEM!!! All that I do and sacrifice for them is all for THEM!! Even sacrificing my SANITY is all for them, too :D
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment