So another year, another son of mine celebrates a birthday! This time its Cameron who is 7. How can this be the little thing that grew inside of me not so long ago?? Goes by so fast, and yet so many fun memories of my little sunny-boy Cameron. He is quite the dramatic child in our household! I always joke around that he should take up acting and get PAID for his antics...oh well, keeps us on our toes, that's for sure!!
I love the thrilled look on his face in this one...
So we did a home party and he invited quite a few kids...I figured they would all show up, so for a pretty decent percentage, you gotta invite a lot of friends to begin with. We decided to do a movie theme, just without the movie theater! Our LCD TV would do the trick. I put together little bags of candy and added in a movie ticket into each one. Then I got some little popcorn box holders from the grocery store that would be perfect for the microwave popcorn I bought...too bad it was too peppery and gross, that's what you get when you try and go 'natural', I guess! lol
Cameron wanted baked potatoes for his birthday dinner, so that's what we had and I also made him a homemade cake. I can't stand store-bought cakes; they are too sweet and artificial, and just plain gross!! People have always raved about how yummy my homemade cakes are, and I have to agree. Besides, a helluva lot cheapter, too!
For his friend party we had the typical pizza: feeds many, and cheap. I made cupcakes for his friends and just had him blow out another candle from the previous cake I had made him. I noticed that most kids aren't so fond of the cake-part...they licked the frosting right off and left me with a bare-naked red velvet cupcake that got thrown out...KIDS, right?? :)
Cameron was thrilled his best buddy, Jaden Warr, was able to make it! Jason and I were really good friends with his mom and dad, but they are since divorced and so the kids stay with their dad on the weekend, so Lance was good enough to bring him and his siblings, over for the big day! If anyone was going to come, I was hoping Jaden would at least make it, so it turned out great. They've been best friends since they were 2 and are like 2 peas in a bod, really! My friend Melanie's kids, I love them like my own!! (Well, almost ;)
Cameron got a scooter from his parents and some mini wrester guys and a mini wresting ring where they can duke it out...he loved them!
No comments:
Post a Comment