Monday, September 20, 2010

Teagan's Baptism



So Teagan made the decision to get baptized, and of course, with some encouraging words from him momma ;) He got baptized and confirmed on Saturday, February 6th,
2010. I'm very proud of him, as is his Father in Heaven and his brother, our savior, Jesus Christ! I know he will be a good example to those around him as he continues to make good choices!

He was sad his daddy couldn't baptize him, but he chose the next best guy to do the job...our friend, neighbor, and bishop, Bishop Brinley. He also had Richard Buist to confirm him with the Holy Ghost. Brother Buist has been a family friend in my family since I was just a babe, so it was an honor for him to be a part of this special day in our family, as he was also the one to bless each on of our boys after they were born. What an honor!

I know it hasn't been an easy transition for Jason to see this happen, as Jason was raised to believe in the Jewish traditions, but he had to trust that what the boys chose to do by getting baptized would really be ok, afterall. It wouldn't make any of us love him any less, he wouldn't be separated from our family circle, and the world wouldn't end as he knew it :) I know he worries about what his family will think, but I'm sure they won't love any of us any less because I am raising our children in the LDS church. I know my boys love their daddy's side of the family just as much as my side, and we try not to let religion get in the middle of a good thing :D


I look like poo, but oh well! That was like, so 20 pounds ago, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment