Monday, September 20, 2010

Edible Sand Castle



So I headed over to the scouting office to pick up some things for Teagan as he's becoming a new Wolf now that he's turned 8. They had a bunch of "gingerbread" style houses, cabins, even a castle that were on display to earn money for these scouts who put them together. Some of them were very clever! I was especially in awe of one particular one: the sand castle! It was pretty amazing the way it was put together and it even had lights inside! As my boys and I are admiring this EDIBLE castle, one of the scouting guys tells us that we can take any of these gingerbread homes, home with us, as they were getting ready to throw them all out! Wow, seriously? They were asking $100 for this castle...I couldn't see all that work and effort go to waste so I figured if it could fit in the car, then sure! Why not...give it a new life for a few more days. Let's just say the demolition of it to throw the whole thing out once we had had enough of it was extremely messy, to say the least! Not to mention all the broken parts that ended up all over the place from my boys sneaking little bites, here and there...even if the frosting was a bit stale, ick! So here are a few pics highlighting our experience with this giant edible sand castle and hope you think it's as cool as we did!








No comments:

Post a Comment