
Wow, 2010...sounds so futuristic! I know it's so cliche to say, but I really don't know where the time has gone! I suppose keeping up with my mom and wife duties keeps me busy enough to NOT notice the time going by, but WOW. I will have a 10 year old this year, Jason and I met 15 years ago, married 10...I have an already 8 year old who will be getting baptized soon, Cameron will be 6! My baby Payton will be turning 1 this year, and Braxton will be going into preschool and is growing up so fast! 2009was a pretty good year in da Bohn's household. We've managed to stay afloat during this recession, even though our house is worth about 100k less now than what it was 2 years ago! Good thing we plan on staying here for a while...we've had family members who have struggled financially and we've even found things to be a little tight for a family of 7, as we had to get Jason a new car this last year and added a new car payment to our budget! But, I have to admit, Jason's car sure is fun to drive and GREAT for our date nights! He found his dream car, a Nissan Z, for a great price, with low miles, so I figured he can have his toy to get him to and from work and then some in between :) I am optimistic for the future even when everything tries to say otherwise...positive affirmations, thank you! If people would spend more time focusing on the good, the positive stuff that goes on, send out good energy to all around us, this whole "economical collapse" BS would disappear and only good would prevail! But that's maybe in my own little world I have inside my head, but I am a strong believer of the law of the universe, God's law, in attracting the stuff you want in life, and in order to do that, you have to push out the negative, ie; stop watching the news and reading newspapers, create a positive world within your own life and things will start to change! Another reason why those who read nothing at all are better off than just reading newspapers :) Cheers! Here is to a wonderful, prosperous, loving, healthy and fantastic TWENTY-TEN!!!
So we decided to take the boys to Macaroni Grill for our annual New Years Eve dinner...thanks to an awesome gift card giver!! Usually we'll do something fancy, like crab legs, which the boys love, but thought it would be nice to go to one of our favorite restaurants to eat, instead...less cleanup for Jason and I, anyways!
Knights of the round table!
Our cute family at the roundtable :)
So after dinner we headed back home...grandma was coming over to babysit for a couple of hours while Jason and I went to go birthday shopping for Teagan. He was born January 2nd so I always have to remind myself through the holidays that I better remember to put together his party plans and get him presents (which is hard to do right after Christmas & Chanukah, as our kids always get more than they really need!) Not to mention New Years Day...it's just a lazy day so it's my job to stay motivated so Teagan can have a great birthday like any of our other kids!
Sleepy baby after the ride home!
So we brought in the new year with a bang! and pots and pans and kazoo's, and Jason bringing in the new year with a drum solo! What a fun time, to go outside and hear everyone all over the place, yelling "Happy New Year!", and whistling, and cheering...gives that sense of unity of us all, even though we're in different places, can become one in celebration of new possibilities, new hopes, new dreams, a NEW YEAR!
Being silly...and our dog Milo
NEW YEARS EVE night sky...
Teagan being silly with the popcorn...
Cameron made it to midnight, but passed out in our doorway...couldn't even make it up the stairs to his bedroom, poor little guy :(
No comments:
Post a Comment