Friday, February 24, 2012

It's great to be 8 ! For Cameron, that is!

Our sunny-boy turned 8 this past week!  Remembering back to when I was 8 and it feels like yesterday!!  I can't exactly remember WHAT I did for that particular birthday, but a very pivotal memory of being 8 was on the day I was to be baptized, November 30th...my family was involved in an auto accident just hours before my baptism was to take place.  I still remember sitting in the front seat and seeing the stopped car in front of us getting closer and closer, faster and faster, wondering if my mom was going to stop?  And then, BOOM!  My head went through the windshield and as soon as I noticed my head dripping blood, I passed out.  That, not so fun.  But I was determined to get baptized, and although it felt like the accident and my baptism happened on seperate days,  I managed to go through with it, giant goose-egg and all!!  It's my sweet boy's turn to get baptized and hopefully nothing like that will happen to him so he can prove that he really wants to go through with it, but he has told me he WANTS to get baptized, and I'm proud he's old enough to make that decision for himself, that he wants to do what Jesus did and follow him and his example!!  I know he wishes his daddy could baptize him, but it's not a possibility right now but he still wants to make that choice to be baptized :)

The day before his actual birthday I met him at his school for lunch, with his younger brothers.  Then I got to go into his classroom and talk a little about him and why he's special...and embarrass him a little, too :)

That night he wasn't feeling good and came down with a fever, so I made sure he rested up that night and luckily he was feeling well enough for his birthday party the next day. 

We decided on going to a movie for his birthday, but he could only invite around 4 friends...well 2 of those he invited couldn't come so I had him invite 2 more friends, girls at that.  I only heard back from 1 of their parents and she couldn't go, either.  I had already purchased the tix online so I had my older two boys each invite a friend so they didn't go to waste!  I felt bad that only 2 of Cameron's actual friends could make it, but with everyone combined, it made for a fun time! 

We went to go see Journey 2: The mysterious Island.  I wasn't sure what to expect but it exceeded my expectations, I thought it had enough action, comedy and special effects where it made for an enjoyable movie for all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment