Sunday, September 4, 2011

School is back in session!


My boys on their first day back!

So here comes another school year...it's a bittersweet moment for me; bitter, because I am not a huge morning person and I loved being able to sleep in in the morning over the summer when I could. Sweet, because its sweet that my kids can stop complaining about being bored, or fighting with eachother, or plain just driving me K-A-H-R-A-Z-Y!!!

So now its back to the grind, with homework, reading, staying on top of things...I'd prefer to be a little more lazy, if you ask me; but that's NOT allowed when you have 5 kids and a whole slew of other things to take care of...so life goes on!



Back to school night was the day before school was to start...and mind you, to start in a whole, completely new school that has been built just east of our neighborhood, down the hill a ways...the upside to that is that the new school is a 2-level school, even with an elevator...I know, cool! The downside is that it really sucks to come back home and have to go up, up, up the hill just to get home. At least that's what my boys told me. I personally think its great, and a mild form of punishment to make them work those legs and make it home out of the heat, on an incline! LOL Besides, it could always be worse, right? We could be living in San Francisco with all of THEIR notorious hills ;)

I took all the boys to BTSN myself and Payton was having one meltdown after another...I don't know what was wrong, but one wrong touch or one wrong look from one of his brothers sent him into a tailspin and he was all over the place, kicking the chairs, screaming, etc. At one point he chucked one of his toys, a toy Hummer mind you, and it hit the lady sitting in front of us, and she was not amused...more like, I should lock my animal child back in its cage...oh, the joys of parenthood!! Where was Jason when I needed him, sheesh!!

So back to the new school, there are still a lot of things that have yet to be completed, so there are workers still at the school working inside, and on the outside with landscaping, installing stuff, etc. We don't even have any of those flashy school lights that tell people to slow down, so we've had to contact city officials to either put in some extra stop signs, or have the police come in and track reckless or speeding drivers, just so our kids can go and come from school safely!




It will be a wild ride for a while, I will just be glad when everything is completed and there weren't any kids injured from the result of the school not being 100% finished. Kinda wish they would have just pushed back school starting by a couple of weeks, and keep them in a couple of weeks longer at the end...oh well! It's an awesome school and the principal and teachers are amazing, I couldn't be happier!

So Jason went in late to work so he could accompany his boys and myself to school, I was so glad for that! It's always nice when we can do these things together, instead of letting a JOB get in the way of family time! Here are some pics of the big day, hope you enjoy! I love comparing the pictures from last year I took on the first day, to this year, and see how much my boys have grown and matured :)

Jaeden 6th grade/5th grade pics

So I posted a picture from this year first, and then a picture from last year below it to see how they've slightly changed from last year, kinda fun :)

My handsome boy Teagan!

My superstar Cameron!

My awesome son Braxton!

Braxton started kindergarten the next week so that made it nice with the whole transition of going back to school~he was a litle disappointed that he wasn't able to stay at school and eat lunch with his brothers, but I told him next year he will be able to! He got Ms. Mueller for a teacher and she is fantastic! I think she will be perfect for his first official school experience :)








No comments:

Post a Comment